Monday, October 24, 2016

Fall Kids Craft

I don't do kids crafts that often, but they're really easy and I love having an excuse to make them. If you like this fall kids craft, be sure to let me know if you want some epic hand turkeys in two weeks! Today, I will be making cute decorations made out of plastic bottles. 

All you will need is an empty water bottle, colorful paints/paintbrushes, and accessories!

To start, simply paint your water bottle completely. Take off the lid, because I made those a different color to correspond with each theme. For my pumpkin, I painted the whole thing orange with a green lid, and for the tree, the whole thing brown with the lid a fall color like yellow, etc.. 
The only other thing to do now is add the accessories! For the pumpkin, I used a glittery green pipe cleaner and wrapped it around the lip of the bottle then twisted the ends like a vine. For the tree, I glued two fake fall leaves to the lid (be sure not to use hot glue! It melts the plastic like crazy). 

That is all! I could definitely see my nephews making these, with supervision of course. We used them for the pins at a ring toss game at our Trunk or Treat! I definitely reccomend checking these out, because all of the materials I used, I already had at home!




No comments:

Post a Comment