Tuesday, August 19, 2014

Pencil Pigtails

This week I'm starting middle school, so I decided to share some back to school fun. I go to a school with uniforms, so hair is a fun way I show my individuality. Let's start with our Pencil Pigtails!

My hair is really long, so it's fun to see myself with short hair for a little bit! I did this bored in my mom's classroom, so it doesn't really involve elastics, etc.

To begin divide your hair into two even sections. Grab a section, pull it up to your ear and twist it away from your head, then twist up and towards the back of your head. Take it around once like a bun, and shove a pencil through the side of the bun part, weaving back and forth while staying inside the bun. Once you get out of the bun, weave the pencil over the tail part of the hair, under and out of where you pulled the hair up from. It's not as difficult as it sounds.

Do the same thing on the other side. I think a paper clip is stylish and works great as a bobby pin accent. There you go!


Good luck with this hairstyle and in the first weeks of school!

No comments:

Post a Comment