Wednesday, July 1, 2015

Waterfall Braid

I've seen many different tutorials for the waterfall braid, and never really understood it until I tried it out yesterday and worked out great! Today I will show you how to do it! I did it on myself, but you can do it to someone else easily with this same tutorial.

To start, take a piece of hair by the front, that you will start your braid with. I usually use a section on the heavy side of my part line, because it has more hair, so it's easier to work with. Divide your section into three parts. Start it like a normal braid. The piece towards the top of your head goes down over the middle, but let it fall down, then take the piece towards the bottom of your head and cross it over the middle (over the strand you just dropped). I like to hold all of the pieces I dropped in my mouth or with a clip, so it stays secure. Then, add in hair from the top of your head to the strand that.
is NOW closest to the top. Take that piece and cross it down and drop it just like the last.
Now pick up a piece of hair, right underneath where you let it go, and cross it up, over the strand you just let go of.

Repeat that as far as you want. I did it just to the middle back of the head and crossed two bobby pins. If you want, you can do it on both sides and meet them in the middle back of the head and use an elastic to hold it in place.

Have fun with your waterfall braid and let me know if this video was helpful!








No comments:

Post a Comment