Monday, September 26, 2016

Fall Window Clings

Ok, here I go! Fall is upon us! Today I am going to show you one of my favorite crafts of all, because I came up with it completely on my own, in a short time period. You know those plastic window clings that stick to your windows/mirrors? Yeah, we're making a DIY version!

Before you start, you'll need clear vinyl (the thinner sheet). I got mine from Walmart, that you cut like fabric in the sewing area. It was really inexpensive and I just used my leftovers from my Liquid Notebooks. In addition to that, you'll need colorful sharpies/permanent markers, and scissors. You may want a piece of white copy paper to draw your designs on, but it is optional.

To start, if necessary place a white piece of paper under the vinyl so you can see what you're drawing better. Also, it would be a good idea to draw your image on there, and trace it. Anyway, whether you freehand it or trace it, you'll want to start by outlining the picture (on the vinyl of course) in a neutral color, so black or brown, etc.. Then, go inside the lines and color with your colorful markers. Leave time for it to dry, then cut the shapes out. 

To apply to the windows, it might stay on its own, but it will definitely help to lightly spray the window with a squirt bottle containing water, then gently pressing the vinyl on and using your finger to smooth out the bumps. It's as easy as that! Perfect to make with younger kids, or even to decorate a dorm room! Happy crafting, and definitely try this one!








No comments:

Post a Comment