Monday, August 29, 2016

DIY Notebook

Tomorrow I start school, so I'm quickly decorating my notebooks! I've decided to share with you a really cute, but simple, way to do it.



All you need is a notebook, Mod Podge, a paint brush, scissors, and either an image, or a piece of copypaper and paint.
To start, either paint your design on a seperate sheet of paper just in case you mess up, or you can just print one out on the computer. I painted mine, so if you're interested, I used a fan paint brush, and just made horizontal squiggly lines, switching up colors. I left some space in between each color, so the paints didn't mix, but also, I like the effect it gives, in addition to the textured paintbrush. If you do paint anything, be sure to place a heavy book [feel free to use your school textbooks ;( ] ontop of it, so it doesn't curl up. 

To apply the paper to the notebook, first stick the paper upside down, and trace the size of the notebook on the back in pencil, then cut it out, so it fits nicely. Next, apply mod podge to the entire cover of the notebook, then place the paper down, and let it dry. Now is the time to punch out the holes. If you have a hole punch, use it, but if not, get help from an adult to use an Xacto knife and cut out each circle. Once it is dry, cover the top with mod podge to seal everything in place. 

That is all to it! Enjoy! And good luck at school!

No comments:

Post a Comment