Sunday, May 8, 2016

Rope Twist Braid

Today I am going to show you how to do a rope twist/braid. It is a very easy hairstyle, but I know many people who don't know how to do it, so I thought I'd put it out there. Also, please excuse the pictures, I was using self timer :)


To start, divide your section of hair that you'd like to braid into 2 pieces. Twist both pieces (separately) one direction, then twist them around eachother the opposite way. For example, if you twist each one to the left, you'd twist them around eachother to the right. If you twist them separately to the right, twist them together to the left. 

That's really all it is, but some people think you just twist them together, without twisting them by themselves the other way. If you do it that way, it will just unwrap. 

Other ways to wear this hairstyle is in a french rope braid, which is the same thing, just adding in hair to both sides, braiding the two front sections of hair and tying them together in the back, braiding your ponytail, etc. I love doing a lace rope braid (which is where you only add in hair on one side) in the front of my head, because it's cute and gets my hair out of my face!

No comments:

Post a Comment