Sunday, October 18, 2015

Fall Tulle Pumpkin

Today, I am showing you how to make the cutest Halloween craft! I call it a Fall Tulle Pumpkin! There are other crafts out there similar to it, but using tulle and ribbon is not something you see everyday! Its quick and inexpensive, too!

Before you start, you'll need orange tulle. They sell it mostly at craft stores, but I got it from Walmart. I searched the whole craft department and was so annoyed because they had every color except orange, but then we went to the Halloween department, and that's where all the orange was. I got a package of 6 inches by ten yards of glittery tulle for $1! You will also need black ribbon )which I also got from Walmart for a dollar) and mine is 3/8 in by 3 yards. Both of those items could make you a few more of these crafts without having to buy another package. You also need a mason jar which I bought from Walmart for around $2.50, but you could do it the old fashioned way and rinse out a jar of spaghetti sauce! Lastly, you will need Flameless LED Tea Lights. We got ours from Walmart in a package of 6 for $2.50 which is really cheap, but if you only need a few they sell some in smaller quantities from the Dollar Tree. Plus, you'll need scissors, optional paper clips, and a glue gun. I got a mini glue gun from Target that was the store brand, which came with 10 sticks of glue, but we finished the whole project with only one! This craft only costs about $7!

To start, cut two pieces of ribbon around 10 centimeters long, and one piece about 12 centimeters long. Remember to cut the ribbon on a diagonal to try to prevent fraying. Now is  the hard part. Fold your two 10cm ribbons nearly every 3 centimeters into a triangle shape. If it is too long, just leave it and we will cut it off after. Once you get it where you think it's even, you can paper clip the ribbon on the folded edges so it doesn't get out of place. Now hot glue the ribbon right under the fold, so when it folds over, you won't see the glue. Do that on all three sides by moving each paper clip as you go. I only had one, so I would just reposition it as I went and hold the other sides. Once you finish those two, cut off the extra ribbon if there is any and try to make them even, because they are the two eyes. After that, take the 12cm ribbon and fold it in half. I did it at about a right angle, putting both ends pointing up because it is the mouth, but you can do whatever you like best. Lastly, just cut a tiny triangle out of the ribbon for the nose. Hot glue all of them on the mason jar, but lay it out first on the jar to make sure you like where everything is. Just put a dab of glue on all of the edges, no less, and if necessary, add more. 



Now take however much ribbon you need to fit around the lip of the jar and tie a bow in the back and cut. I put a little glue under where the bow is, just to hold it in place. I put the bow in the back, because when Halloween is over, you can turn it around and it becomes a regular Fall/Thanksgiving decorative craft!

Following that, comes the easy and fun part. Put your tea light in the jar and turn it on. Then, take a whole bunch of tulle and stuff it into the jar on top of the light. You can do as little or as much as you want. I didn't want to actually see the tea light, so I stuffed a lot in the jar and cut. I measured 15 feet of tulle is what I stuffed in there, so I used half of it. 


That is all! I really like this craft and I know I say that about all of them, but this is one of my favorites! It took me less than one day to make, so maybe it could be a Halloween tradition! Or even a craft for an activity night. Happy Fall and Halloween! Remember to turn it around on November 1st!









No comments:

Post a Comment