Saturday, October 18, 2014

Fun-Kin

Today, you will learn how to make a Funkin. It is just like a pumpkin, but it is fake so it will last longer. I made one with my sister, when she came to visit.

To start, you'll need a funkin (I got it at Joann's Fabrics but I'm sure you can order one online), paper, a knife, and a small electric light, because you can't put a candle in a funkin.

I first drew out an outline on a piece of paper, of what I was going to carve. It ended up like this.
We also figured out that curved edges were harder to carve than straight edges, but both work. One just takes a little longer.



Once we drew our design on a paper, we drew it again on our Funkin to size. After that, Alayna, my older sister, began carving the funkin the same exact way you would carve a regular pumpkin. 
NOTE: do with adult assistance when working with the knife.

To finish it up, I just put a small camping light in the funkin and there you go! Also, since Halloween is coming up, if you recreate my funkin, tag it with a #CreativitySpooktorials so I can see!
If there are any other Halloween crafts, or costumes, etc. that you would like me to do, comment!

2 comments:

  1. this isn't necessarily a craft, but you're creative--so do you have any ideas for family halloween costumes for a dad, a mom, a baby boy, and a dog?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Good question! Thanks for asking! Basically you can do whatever as long as you have a strong theme. Be creative with the parent costumes and make the dog and baby go as your accessories. Like if your a baker, make them desserts. If your a sports player, make one be a ball and the other be a ref, or something. And if your pup won't wear costumes, make his collar have to do with the theme etc. hope this helps!

      Delete